Monday, November 9, 2015

An Exciting New Adventure

Well its been a long while but I haven't disappeared completely. A few months ago I was honoured to be asked to join the design team for a fabulous new mixed media product called "Colour Blast" which has been developed by the clever Tenisha from Scrap Elegance Scrapbook Supplies  . There are currently 18 vibrant colours in the range with a spray, paste and embossing powder in each colour. 

Heres a few of the projects I've been working on….

First Up is my design team page. On this page I've used the "Deep Water", "Leather" & "Sunshine" pastes through stencils and then I've brushed "Deep Water" onto the chipboard swirl over the photo using it as a paint. The beautiful shimmering colour across the page is the Colour Blast Spray in "Deep Water" & "Sunshine.


Next up is a layout of our beautiful bull Radar … one day while I was filling up their water he decided to get up close and personal with my phone :-)
For this page I've used "Leather" paste (one of my favourites) through a stencil, then I've sprayed "Apple of my Eye" and the embossing powder in the same colour on the title.

While the next few are canvases are all individual pieces they will eventually make up one wedding canvas, a bit like a patchwork quilt….

For the first one I've spread  "Envy" & "Lovely Lilac" pastes randomly across the canvas, I then brushed "Stormy Weather" over the chipboard Bricks, using it like a paint.
This canvas was simple but effective. I've used the "Snow White" paste through a stencil and then I've sprayed it with "Lovely Lilac", I love the effect it creates.
I love the effect achieved by brushing the "Snow White" paste over chipboard pieces and texture paste …. this photo doesn't do the shimmer justice.
 Here I've painted the canvas with black Gesso, then I've used "Lovely Lilac" paste through a stencil.
This is a mini Canvas which didn't allow much area to play so I've used "Dusty Charcoal" paste as a paint over the oval frame.

We'll, thats all for now … stop by again soon to see a few more ways to use these amazing products.

Until next time,

Kaye :-)




1 comment:

  1. Oh my Lordy... Ok so obviously I'm going backwards through your blog now!! Haha
    What gorgeous canvas' and pages. I have to say you look so gorgeous and beautiful!
    so hard to pick a favourite! Love your mixed media work. I must learn from you

    ReplyDelete