Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Altered Book

A few weekends ago I went away to a Scrap Retreat, unfortunately I got a cold the first night there so my creative mojo wasn't at its best but I did create one piece that I was particularly pleased with. I'd always wanted to do an altered book but had never got up the courage to do it …. that is until I did a class with the wonderfully talented Sue Smyth at Scrap Elegance a few months ago. Drawing inspiration from that class I created the following from an old hard cover book called "What Katie Did".
As a base I covered the book with ColourBlast "Deep Water" paste, once that was dry I dry brushed black Gesso over it and then wiped the excess off using a wet wipe. The rest of the decorations came from my stash, some old Dusty Attic chipboard, a Collections angel, Kaisercraft door knob and 7 Gypsies brass corners.

Once I was happy with the outside I started on the inside …
I carefully measured where I wanted the "box" section to be then cut it out with a sharp craft knife. Once it was cut out I glued the pages together to make the box. The butterflies are Collections butterflies from my stash (sadly I can't seem to find them in stores now so if anyone knows where I can get them let me know). I've then used ColourBlast "Leather" paste and have brushed its around the inside edges of the box and around the outside edges of the pages to finish it off. I was surprised at how easy it was to create such a nice little piece.

Well, thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,

Kaye :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous book
    I live the colours you have used and it's just so whimsical . Stunning babe!

    ReplyDelete