Sunday, October 13, 2013

Once Upon a Sketch - October Challenge

I'm loving all the challenge sites out there at the moment, they are definitely helping me find my mojo again. A couple of my friends have been doing the challenges from Once Upon a Sketch , it's a great challenge site with a sketch and journaling requirement for each challenge. I've looked at their challenges before but this is the first time I've given one a try. This is the sketch for October, with a journalling theme of : "The Journey..."
 This is my take on the sketch... "My Journey Lead Me to You"
Heres a little close up ...
I'm not big on journalling, its something I struggle with but for this page I've included it on the back of the layout. It says "The past few years have been a journey of discovery for me ... I never thought my journey would lead me to you".

Thanks for stopping by, until next time,

Kaye

7 comments:

  1. Kaye, I'm so glad you have joined us this month at OUAS!! What a fabulous layout, and I just adore your bridge. The contrast of the corrugated letters in the opposite direction of the background is such a wonderful touch!! I love how you went beyond your comfort zone to add the meaningful journaling!! Thanks for joining us for the October Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! I hope you’ll stop by our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page to share your layout there. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye how wonderful that you decided to take the plunge and play. I think that you have created a beautiful layout and I love the torn strip that guides your eye across the layout. Beautiful elemements and I love the corrugated card. Journalling does get easier the more you do and and your family and kids will want to read the stories. So well done :D Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the corrugated background and the lovely details as the zipper and cluster work - beautiful layout!
    And thank you for playing with us a OUAS! Hope to see you next month, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful title and I love your little bridge! Thank you for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you decided to play along with us this month! The corrugated background and torn paper add that perfect "beachey" feel to your page. LOVE the bridge too! Thank you so much for joining in with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, such a beautiful LO! love your design and choice of details and background - very stylish!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kaye this is gorgeous! Absolutely love that corrugated cardboard background, it looks fabulous with the grungy white wash over it. Thank you so much for joining us this month, your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete