Monday, October 11, 2010

A little challenge and some MME

Hiya,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I actually managed to get a couple pages done this weekend which was great. The first one is Palette #27 from The Color Room, I loved the colours and the sketch and found it came together easily. So, here's the palette ....

And here's my take on it ...

These photos are of a little green frog we saw up at Botanic Golf in Wanneroo one time we were there with my parents, it was so very cute.

Add a couple Dusty Attic steams from my favourite online scrap store (Scraptique) which I painted with English Ivy Glimmermist (strangely enough .... also from Scraptique)...

And a title from my trusty Cricut, along with some Adorn-it letters and a little stitching and there you have it!

For this next page I used some of the new My Minds Eye "Lost and Found" range. It is so beautiful! I kinda went a tad crazy when I was buying it a few weeks ago but since I got it home all I've been able to do is look at it and admire it.
Saturday night I sat down to have a play and after walking away and coming back to it I finally came up with this.....

I kept it kinda simple because the paper itself is so beautiful. All I've added is some tea dyed muslin, a little lace and some beads and the word "Friends".

The birds kept calling to be cutout and popped up but as I only had one piece of this paper I wasn't sure how to achieve this, so I very carefully cut them out, secured a neutral piece of paper behind it and then with the help of some liquid scrap dots I was able to mount up the birds.

I really love this photo, it was taken down at Preston Beach back in May when I went to a scrap retreat with three of my friends. We decided to go sit and watch the sun set with a glass of wine .... it was lovely.

Well, that's all for now.

Thanks for stopping by,

Kaye :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment