Sunday, January 5, 2014

Exquisite Beauty - Sketchabilities #106

The past few days the temperature has been through the roof but the up side is that it's encouraged me to stay inside in the aircon and scrap! Fortunately for me inspiration has hit.

The source of my inspiration this time was Sketchabilities #106...
And here's my take on it....
 The photo I've used is of a Peacock which I took at McIntosh Island, Gold Coast in November. I edited the photo in Picasa to enhance the colours.

I had a lot of fun with this page, playing around with punches, glimmer mist, stamps and embossing powder to get the results I wanted. It's a little hard to see in the main photo but in these closeups you can see more detail of these techniques.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by.

Until next time,

Kaye :-)

7 comments:

  1. beautiful take on the sketch, the picture is awesome and you perfectly match colors with it.
    thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing photo Kaye and I adore that sweet shabby inked and punched corner - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! Scrapping Everyday Miracles has 3 current challenges with 3 prizes, and we'd love for you to submit a few projects! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2014/01/welcome-to-2014-3-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This background is amazing
    Tks for playing with us at sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page! Love the border punching and fabulous, vibrant colors! Thanks for playing along with sketch #106 at sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Kaye, the colours and techniques are gorgeous and so appropriate, a great page!

    ReplyDelete